Sunday 19 October 2008

Deals, Diagnostics and Dylan

Well, I know it' s been a long time since I wrote anything on this blog, so I determined that I must make time to update my ramblings.

The mortgage and re-mortgage market continues to be difficult and I have now signed a total of seven deals in six months with a few more potential clients in the pipeline. I still find it difficult to second-guess people's intentions and related motives. Some clients give out all the right signals but decline to sign up for a new mortgage, using both believeable and unbelieveable reasons / excuses. On the other hand some clients that you feel are a lost cause end up signing.

I still remain disappointed at some people's approach to returning my messages and often promise to do something when in practice they don't. A common phrase used when a quotation is left with them for a decision is " I will get back to you either way". In most cases they don't and I have to resort in following things up at which point they normally apologise and cite being "far to busy" as the reason. It takes 60 seconds to phone me with their decision but most seem reluctant to tell you when they decline to sign. Isn't human nature strange.

Anyway, onwards and upwards and it is to be hoped that the financial climate, and mortgage market in particular, improves for everyone' s sake in the near future.

On a totally diferent subject, my wife has been complaining of breathlessness recently and following a subsequent hospital check has been diagnosed as having one artery 95% blocked and now needs to have a stent fitted in the next few weeks. She certainly did not enjoy the first experience and although she has yet to have the date of the second appointment cofirmed is very tense and concerned about the whole thing. The sooner her condition is rectified the better for all concerned.

Finally, my son and daughter-in-law purchased a wire haired dachshund that they have called Dylan. He is a loveable litle dog who endlessly wants me to throw toys for him to retrieve. Full of energy and no little mischief. He is a little charmer and looks set to be a family favourite for a long time to come yet.

Well, that's about it for now. I hope that anyone who spends a few minutes to read this is well and that you will visit this blog again. I promise to try to update it more frequently.

No comments: